“Why I Chose to Be the LastPassenger Off of the ‘Miracle on the Hudson’ Airplane”
Click Here for the resources from our interview with Dave
“I think God needed to have leaders on that plane who not only believed in His mission but also really had to be there to help and support other people, and be a proof statement for other people that good things do happen when people do the right thing.” –Dave Sanderson
Dave Sanderson was not supposed to be on the now infamous US Airways Flight 1549. Yet, the miracles that happened that day and the choices that he made changed his priorities forever. He is now convinced that the downed airliner in the icy Hudson was exactly where he was supposed to be.
Dave Sanderson traveled 100 days a year on the job. He worked hard to make sure his family was well provided for. He wanted to be an achiever. In this episode, he shares how he has turned everything upside down and made giving back and contribution his number one priorities.
“You’ve got 155 people on a plane that didn’t know each other, who didn’t care about each other, all of a sudden pull together to do something that has never been done before. That’s one of the really key things that came out of this is the power of when you have a mission in life and have a commonality of that mission, you can achieve anything.” –Dave Sanderson
You Will Learn:
- How to succeed by doing the right things
- How to harness the power of a shared mission
- How to make the right choices in times of crisis
- How to add value to others—and ENJOY the process!
- Don’t just survive; Thrive!
Dave Sanderson Speaks Website
- Dave speaks around the world and will help you create a culture of servant leadership that yields results
Brace For Impact by Dave Sanderson
- What Passengers of Flight 1549 Want Others to Know About Second Chances: “Brace for impact.” Three simple words that proclaimed to all 150 passengers on board US Airways Flight 1549 on that cold, crisp New York afternoon of January 15, 2009, that their plane was about to go down in the icy Hudson River. Three simple words that churned up their fear that the next two minutes would be their final moments on earth and spurred their most heartfelt, spontaneous prayers. We all know about the stunning tale of survival against all odds that followed. But there is a different, more meaningful, and more timely story that has yet to be fully told. What happened to these passengers when they went home to their families, their homes, their jobs, and everything else familiar but somehow not the same? What has been the real impact, not of a disastrous crash but of a gift of a ‘new’ life? What can any of us learn from the honest and open sharing of ordinary people who came back from the brink of death? Brace for Impact answers these questions and more by taking you inside the hearts, minds, and souls of twenty-five passengers and first responders and what life is like after near death
Dave Sanderson is an inspirational survivor, speaker and author. His thoughts on leadership have made him a nationally sought-out speaker. When US Airways Flight 1549, or “The Miracle on the Hudson,” ditched into the Hudson River on January 15, 2009, Dave Sanderson knew he was exactly where he was supposed to be.
The last passenger off the back of the plane on that fateful day, he was largely responsible for the well-being and safety of others, risking his own life in frigid water to help other passengers off the plane.
Despite the hazards to himself, Sanderson thought only of helping others, and emerged from the wreckage with a mission: to encourage others to do the right thing. In this stirring presentation, Sanderson shares the story of Flight 1549, revealing the inner strength it took to make it through the day, and how teamwork, leadership, and state management can help overcome any obstacle.